A team of Burnaby firefighters based in the Edmonds hall are at the top of Sophie Liang's Christmas card list.
Earlier this week, a team of Burnaby firefighters was called to Liang's second floor residence.
Liang was taking care of her 22-month-old daughter Annie when she had to go downstairs to prepare some baby food.
Annie was in her crib when Liang left the room, but within seconds, Annie had climbed up on the crib and somehow locked the door to the room from the inside.
When Liang came back from the kitchen, she couldn't get into her daughter's room and when Annie started crying, Liang called 911.
Ladder 2 from the Edmonds fire hall were there within minutes and had to go up to the second-floor balcony and enter Annie's room through the window. The firefighters were able to unlock the door and let a grateful Liang reunite with her daughter.
"I am so thankful to the Burnaby firefighters," said Liang. "They saved my baby."
Liang made a visit to the Edmonds fire hall to thank the firefighters who saved her daughter.
"We get calls like this all the time," said Burnaby fire chief Shaun Redmond. "It's all in the course of our daily work. ... I think the lesson to be learned here is you can't leave your child unattended, even for a short amount of time. Things can happen very quickly, so please, don't leave your child unattended."