It's time to scare up some fun in the city this weekend. We're continuing with our popular feature - our staff's Top 5 (Or More) Things To Do This Weekend. Here's our Top 5 list for Oct. 25 to 27.
1. Get all dressed up with somewhere to go - the Burnaby Association for Community Inclusion is holding its annual Halloween costume party on Friday from 5 to 9 p.m. There will be free pizza, drinks, dancing and treats. The party takes place at the Scandinavian Centre at 6540 Thomas St.
2. Get spooked at Bonsor's Big Boo on Friday. There'll be a haunted house, costume prize draw, creepy crafts, ghostly games and treats. The event takes place at the Bonsor Recreation Complex at 6550 Bonsor Ave. in the gym. The cost is $1 per person. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Or if you prefer getting wet, check out the Halloween Howl at the CG Brown Pool at 3702 Kensington Ave., also on Friday night. Bring your swimsuit. The cost is also $1 per person.
3. Get hauntingly historic at the Burnaby Village Museum all weekend long. The kids can trick or treat, and there is plenty for the whole family to see, from new ghostly displays, new eyeballs in the optometrist's office and a new pastry chef at the bakery. The Butcher's Block will offer up tasty treats, and DJ Count Cadaver will host the Bone Shaker Ball. Tickets can be bought at the door or in advance. For more information or to buy tickets, go to www.burnabyvillagemuseum.ca.
4. Get celebrating 50 years in the Heights with Adele-Rae Florist, which is holding an open house at its new location on Friday and Saturday. The open house runs from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday. The shop is now located at 4714 Hastings St.
5. Get cheesy at the gourmet cheesemaking workshop this Saturday. The gouda news is, you can help B.C. kids while you do. Participants can make six different cheeses at the workshop, which runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 3550 Wayburne Dr. The workshop is a fundraiser for Shriners Cares for Kids, Shriners of B.C.-Yukon. To register, go to www.thecheesemakingworkshop.com.
6. Get monster mashing as part of an organized flash mob at the Shadbolt Centre for the Arts on Saturday. Participants should come dressed up and prepared with the moves. Check out the Shadbolt's how-to video at www.tinyurl.com/ShadboltMonsters - or see below. The dancing takes place from 11 a.m. to noon at the Shadbolt, 6450 Deer Lake Ave. For more information, call 604-205-3020.
Email your Top 5 ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org or send them to email@example.com.
© Copyright 2013