Burnaby is getting its fourth Cactus Club as a new location opens July 16 at 6 p.m. in the Station Square development adjacent to Metrotown mall.
And it’s not just a new location – it has new plant-based items on the menu and an expanded cocktail list, with items you can’t find at another other Cactus Club location.
The new Station Square Cactus Club Cafe is located at 6090 Silver Drive in the recently expanded retail and dining area of Station Square. This 293-seat restaurant is 6,536 square feet, with a south-facing, sun-drenched patio.
Cactus Club Cafe has been part of Burnaby for 30 years, with some of the longest-running and largest restaurants in Cactus Club Cafe’s portfolio.
“When the Kingsway location opened its doors, the décor consisted of rubber chickens, neon signage and peanut shells on the ground,” said a news release.
Today’s version is much different, with Burnaby-born-and-bred Rob Feenie, executive chef and Iron Chef champion, designing the menu.
This location will launch with an extensive plant-based menu offering that features already popular, and brand-new lifestyle options.
Some of the highlights include:
- TOFU LETTUCE WRAPS - Sweet and spicy crispy Szechuan tofu, peanuts, wontons, korean chili sauce.
- AVOCADO ZEN ROLL - Yuzu tamari, avocado, cucumber, mango, asparagus, sesame soy paper, vegan mayo, soy glaze, crispy taro.
- TERIYAKI TOFU RICE BOWL - Crispy tofu, peppers, broccoli, braised red cabbage, bean sprouts, spicy yogurt.
- THE BEYOND BURGER - Beyond Meat patty, dairy-free cheese, red relish, vegan mayo, ketchup, mustard, vegan bun.
- DRUNKEN CHERRY CHOCOLATE BROWNIE - Umaluma cherry pecan dairy-free gelato, chocolate sauce, coconut whip, amarena cherry.
- CRISPY TOFU BOWL - Soy chili tofu, jasmine rice, mango, cucumber, avocado, edamame, radish.
- MODERN BOWL - Tabbouleh, pineapple salsa, roasted cauliflower and broccoli, tomatoes, cucumber, fresh greens, jasmine rice, miso carrot ginger sauce, soy grilled tofu or grilled avocado.
Other notable and new menu items include a certified organic Ribeye Steak, naturally-raised in Cache Creek, B.C., a Cobb Salad and brand new sushi rolls that are initially available at this location only.
Station Square will also be the company’s only restaurant in Western Canada to offer three large-format cocktails perfect to sip with friends: the French 757, Texas Mule and the famed Frosé Sangria.