The Kings Crossing development is still taking shape in Burnaby’s growing Edmonds area, but residents were clearly stoked at the arrival the new retail options being built.
Shoppers were lined up out the door Wednesday at the opening of Burnaby’s newest full-service neighbourhood food store, the 23,500-square-foot Buy-Low Foods at Edmonds and Kingway.
“I like to have a lot of options to buy what I need,” said Edmonds resident Teri K. “We have some great small specialty shops in Edmonds that I get things at, but we needed more options in our neighbourhood. Now we have that.”
Shoppers were greeted by staff wearing masks and squirting dollops of hand sanitizer on their outstretched palms.
“As a proud part of your community, we are committed to providing you the very best shopping experience, right in your neighbourhood,” said store manager Mike Pare.
So, what’s in store?
There’s a full-service deli, including local and imported cheeses, fresh-shaved ham and beef, fresh coleslaw, and potato salad and more.
Head next to the bakery to enjoy your favorite breads and sweets – baked fresh daily.
And don’t miss the well-stocked produce section.
“At Buy-Low Foods, we’re dedicated to searching the world over for the best produce available,” Pare says. “We offer a large variety of fresh produce, including seasonal, exotic and organic products and source local produce whenever possible.”
And if you’re wondering what’s new throughout the store, watch for the Pick of the Month program, highlighting new products in each store department – learn about new innovations, local items and other unique products.
Here are 7 ways you can save at your local store:
- View the weekly flyer: Find great deals on various items throughout our store in the weekly flyer. Sign up for the weekly e-flyer at buy-low.com so you don’t miss out!
- View Budget Savers Offers: Save all month-long on items throughout the store with the Budget Savers flyer. Because these features run for an entire month, you’ll enjoy the same low prices on multiple visits
- Picks of the Day: With Buy-Low Foods’ Every Day Every Week program, you’ll find one item at unbelievable savings, every day.
- WOW Items: Your Kings Crossing store will not be beat on its “WOW” items from the current flyer. Simply show them a local competitor’s current published price on the identical item and they’ll beat it.
- Buy Big, Buy-Low: Each Week in the meat department, look for special Big Pack packages with a “Buy Big, Buy-Low” logo.
- Managers’ Specials: Your store manager works with Buy-Low’s buyers and his local suppliers to bring you even more savings.
- My Neighbourhoods Rewards: Buy-Low Foods is a partner of My Neighbourhood Rewards, where you can earn points towards free card at the till and start earning – one point for each dollar spent; earn bonus points by purchasing featured products throughout our partner locations; and qualify for Shop & Earn bonus points based on the overall size of your order. Learn more here: mynr.ca.