The Burnaby Hospital Foundation is looking for a few good young people.
The foundation has a new initiative called the Youth Ambassador Society to develop the next generation of leaders and inspire other youth to take an active volunteer role in the community.
YAS members will promote the foundation’s vision and mission, and fundraise to support health care in Burnaby, East Vancouver and beyond.
“We’re encouraging the next generation to be involved in their local hospital,” said Kristy James, CEO of the foundation.
The foundation will support YAS members in becoming further leaders by achieving personal growth through leadership development, increasing project management and communication skills, and involvement in community service outreach and events.
There are limited spots available. They are looking for 20 youth from all ethnic backgrounds between the ages of 10 and 18 for a one-year period.
Each YAS member will have to make a donation to the Burnaby Hospital Foundation. YAS members or parents of YAS members will receive a full tax receipt for this amount.
Attend and participate in quarterly workshops and training; topics include, but are not limited to:
- Presentation from medical staff and hospital tour.
- Take part in a values-based session helping YAS members to increase awareness of their own values and gain a better understanding of importance to align personal values to future goals and ambitions.
- Attend and volunteer for at least one of the foundation’s events to track hours for work experience/community service required hours.
- Join in a Fundraising and Community Service 101 session to gain the necessary skills to develop and execute a peer-to-peer fundraising community initiative during the month of September.
- Attend the Youth Ambassador Society Award and Recognition reception held in November. The Youth Ambassador of the Year Award will be presented at this time
- YAS Award recipients will also be awarded and recognized.
Applications are now open for this new initiative. For more details, call the foundation at 604-431-2881.