Fraser Health has declared a new COVID-19 outbreak in Burnaby.
Five residents and two staff members have tested positive for COVID-19 at Rideau Retirement Residence in Burnaby.
Two staff members have tested positive for COVID-19 at Brookside Lodge in Surrey. Fraser Health has declared outbreaks in both locations, and a Fraser Health rapid response team is at both sites.
Rideau Retirement Residence is an assisted living and independent living facility in Burnaby that is owned and operated by Sienna Senior Living. Brookside Lodge is a long term care facility in Surrey that is owned and operated by Sienna Senior Living. The residents and staff members are currently in self-isolation at their homes.
Fraser Health is working with each site to support the implementation of enhanced control measures. Fraser Health is also working with each site to identify anyone who may have been exposed and is taking steps to protect the health of all staff, residents and families.
Fraser Health is working with each site to implement the following measures:
- Staffing levels are being supported to maintain resident care.
- Visitors are restricted throughout the facility.
- Staff and residents movement in the facility has been restricted.
- Cleaning and infection control measures have been enhanced.
- Residents, families and staff are being notified.
- Twice a day screening of all staff and residents.
During this time, Fraser Health has additional presence at both sites to take any further actions required and support the facilities. This includes dedicated people to address quality, answer questions from staff, residents and family, and provide active checks of symptoms with staff and residents.