The Greater Vancouver Food Bank in Burnaby is hosting Eat Think Vote, a food security town hall.
The Oct. 10 event will be held inside the food bank at 4 p.m.
“Food matters,” says a news release. “Canadians make choices every day about food that directly impacts their health, environment and communities.”
This event is part of Eat Think Vote, a non-partisan campaign coordinated by Food Secure Canada with events from coast to coast to coast, encouraging communities to dialogue with their federal candidates about how we can improve our food system.
Eat Think Votewill be moderated by Richard Zussman, Global News legislative reporter.
Confirmed candidates include:
- Svend Robinson- NDP, Burnaby North-Seymour
- Brar Neelam-Liberal Burnaby South
- Jay Shin-Conservative, Burnaby South
- Brennan Wauters-Green, Burnaby South
- Suzanne De Montigny-Green, New Westminster-Burnaby
- Judith Zaichowsky-Green, Vancouver South
- Louise A. Kierans-PPC, Vancouver Centre
- Karin Litzcke-PPC, New Westminster-Burnaby
- Neeraj Muraka-Libertarian, Burnaby
Organizers say the doors open at 3:30 p.m.