Burnaby wants to cement itself as a “clean energy hub” – and the local board of trade is all in.
The Burnaby Board of Trade is hosting the inaugural Clean Energy Summit on June 15, a daylong event featuring a range of experts and discussions on energy production, transportation and sustainable business practices.
Professionals from businesses all over the Lower Mainland, spanning a variety of industries, will talk climate action, sustainability and share their knowledge on the role of transportation in the clean energy transition.
“Energy is a massive topic – from homes and businesses, to cars and computers, to infrastructure and industry, energy is what makes these things work,” said Jeannette Jackson, CEO of Foresight Canada, in a video. Jackson will be moderating the transportation panel at the Clean Energy Summit.
“Transportation has the highest reliance on fossil fuels of any sector, and by using alternative energy sources like electricity, hydrogen and biofuels, we can diversify the energy mix and reduce dependencies on these sources,” she said.
MLA George Heyman, Minister of Environment and Climate Change Strategy, and Burnaby Mayor Mike Hurley will also speak as distinguished guests.
Energy Production Panel
- Moderator: Matthew Klippenstein, executive director, Canadian Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association
- Colin Armstrong, president and CEO, HTEC
- David Bennett, director, renewable gas and low carbon fuels, FortisBC
- Jaqueline Spray, customer engagement and sales team leader, BC Hydro
- Erik Kjeang, professor, school of mechatronic systems engineering and Canada Research Chair in fuel cell science and technology development, Simon Fraser University
- Moderator: Jeanette Jackson, CEO, Foresight Canada
- Nicolas Pocard, VP marketing and strategic partnerships, Ballard Power Systems
- Ronan Chester, director, climate action and sustainability leadership, Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Wendy Avis, director, climate and environment, Vancouver Airport Authority
- Robert Esterer, CEO, Cellcentric Canada
2023 Burnaby Clean Energy Summit
When: June 15 from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Where: Delta Hotel Conference Centre
Cost: Members $79, non-members $95, for table prices and tickets see event website
Jeanette Jackson of @ForesightCAC will be moderating the Transportation panel at our Clean Energy Summit on June 15th.— BurnabyBoardofTrade (@BurnabyBOT) June 6, 2023
From biofuel to hydrogen, we'll be delving into the transformative technologies that can redefine our transportation.
Register now: https://t.co/pgtEbRp8Ay pic.twitter.com/3PZrULk1ju