Did you hear the thunder and see the lightning from the big storm on Saturday, Sept. 18?
Well, some felt the impact more than others.
Pets, for one, but also some residents on Portland Street when their home was hit by a lightning strike just before 7 p.m.
When Burnaby firefighters arrived, they found part of the chimney was destroyed by lightning.
There was light smoke in the house and fire crews ensured there was no fire in the house. Two people were in the house at the time and were not injured. Firefighters put a tarp over the chimney to stop any water from getting in the house.