With a mini-heatwave on the way for Metro Vancouver, Burnaby will once again be opening its cooling centres.
The City of Burnaby will have four locations operating while the Society to End Homelessness in Burnaby will also be operating one of its own.
The cooling centres will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily as of tomorrow until the weather has cooled in common areas at the following locations.
CITY OF BURNABY COOLING CENTRE LOCATIONS
- Cameron Community Centre (9523 Cameron St.)
- Eileen Dailly Leisure Pool (240 Willingon)
- Bonsor Recreation Complex (6550 Bonsor Ave.)
- Edmonds Community Centre (7433 Edmonds St.)
SOCIETY TO END HOMELESSNESS IN BURNABY POP-UP COOLING STATION
- Southeast corner of Civic Square (Central Boulevard at McKay Avenue)
The city is also encouraging residents to regularly check on neighbours, friends and family members during the extreme heat.