In the mood for a little Halloween fun?
New Westminster’s parks and recreation department is rising to the occasion in spooktacular style.
The city has programs on offer for kids of all ages – and grownups too.
Whether you have a toddler or a teen at home, there’s something for your family to enjoy. A few highlights:
- Monster Madness: Crafts, games and treats for the two- to four-year-old crowd. At Centennial Community Centre, Thursday, Oct. 28, 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- Halloween Cookies: Wear clothing that can get messy and join other three- to five-year-olds at Centennial on Saturday, Oct. 30 from 10 to 11 a.m.
- Spooktacular Fun: Games, crafts, treats and more are on offer for five- to eight-year-olds at Centennial, Thursday, Oct. 28 from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
- Count Chocola’s Creatures: Kids aged five to 13 can make creepy chocolate moulds and tricky treats, Monday, Oct. 25 at Centennial Community Centre (5 to 8 from 3:15 to 4:45 p.m.; 9 to 13 from 5:30 to 7 p.m.)
- Mad Scientists: Spooky science experiments for six- to 10-year-olds are on offer twice: at Centennial on Tuesday, Oct. 26 from 3:30 to 4:45 p.m., and at Queensborough Community Centre on Saturday, Oct. 30 from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Among Us Murder Mystery: Teens aged 13 to 18 can join in the virtual game Among Us in a private online room, Tuesday, Oct. 26 from 3:15 to 5:15 p.m.
- Wicked Windows: Youth aged 11 to 18 can help decorate the big windows at the New West Youth Centre on Thursday, Oct. 28 from 3:15 to 5:15 p.m.
- Moody Park After Dark and Queensborough Freaky Friday: The 11-to-18 crowd can join in the after-dark fun at Moody and Ryall parks, with glow-in-the-dark games and prizes, on Friday, Oct. 29 from 7 to 9:30 p.m.
- Halloween Movie Night: Join in for an all-ages movie at Queensborough Community Centre, Wednesday, Oct. 27 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Haunted Halloween Family Skate: Have some all-ages fun at Moody Park Arena on Saturday, Oct. 30 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Cemetery tour – Halloween edition: Everyone aged 10 and up is welcome to join the tour. Walk through the cemetery by lantern and hear tales involving some mystery and murder. It runs Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 30 and 31, from 6 to 8 p.m.
Details on all of these – and more – are available in the City of New Westminster’s Halloween Happenings brochure.