Prices for gas have increased across Burnaby, but local motorists can still find several outlets offering less than $1.80 per litre.
The average price of fuel in the city has risen five cents to $1.79 per litre since last Friday, Nov. 10.
The new number is considered to be one of the least expensive prices for gas in all of Metro Vancouver.
However, it's an uptick of six cents compared to the $1.69 per litre Burnabarians took advantage of over consecutive weeks.
Only one other outlet tops Burnaby's cheapest price in the region — $1.73 per litre at Super Save Gas in Langley.
Meanwhile, drivers will need to venture to Vancouver Island in order to find B.C.'s most affordable gas.
Super Save Gas in Nanaimo holds the title of cheapest fuel in the province, offering $1.54 per litre as of this publication.
Other stations in Lantzville and Parksville are not far behind at $1.58 per litre.
The shortest commute for Burnaby residents to find a comparable price is nearly an hour's drive east to the Fraser Valley.
Mission's Petro Canada off Lougheed Highway is selling fuel for $1.59 per litre.
Burnaby's top 10 cheap fuel prices
The following prices are the best available in Burnaby as of 10:30 a.m. today:
- 175.9/L @ Smart Gas (6869 Canada Way)
- 177.5/L @ Husky (5720 Hastings St.)
- 178.9/L @ Super Save Gas (7377 6th St.)
- 178.9/L @ Super Save Gas (6591 Kingsway)
- 178.9/L @ Shell (6511 Hastings St.)
- 180.9/L @ Esso and Smart Stop 24/7 (4512 Lougheed Hwy.)
- 180.9/L @ Esso and 7-Eleven (7089 Lougheed Hwy.)
- 180.9/L @ Chevron (4507 E Hastings St.)
- 180.9/L @ Chevron (6751 Lougheed Hwy.)
- 180.9/L @ Chevron (4487 Canada Way)