The number of COVID-19 cases at one Burnaby grocery store are starting to pile up, according to its parent company.
Three cases of COVID-19 have now been reported in workers at Burnaby’s biggest mall, Metropolis at Metrotown.
The last shift for two of the workers was on Jan. 31, while the worker in the newest case last worked on Feb. 9. This Superstore has had multiple cases involving staff in the past few months.
This follows two workers at the Wholesale Club, 5335 Kingsway, in Burnaby’s Metrotown neighbourhood, testing positive for coronavirus. The last day the team members worked were on Jan. 28 and 30. (This same Wholesale Club had staff test positive in December).
Sobeys, Inc, has reported on its case-tracker website that a worker at the Safeway at 4440 Hastings St. in the Burnaby Heights neighbourhood tested positive for coronavirus. The worker’s last shift at the Burnaby store was on Feb. 6, said the company.
Sobeys has also reported two workers tested positive at the Safeway at 800 Carnarvon Street, New Westminster, as well as the Safeways on Lahb Avenue and East Broadway in Vancouver, and the Thrifty Foods store on 56th Street in Delta.
Loblaw Companies Ltd updated its coronavirus case tracker website with more test-positive COVID cases for workers at stores located in British Columbia.
- Shoppers Drug Mart on South Fraser Way, with the worker’s last shift on Feb. 2.
- Shoppers Drug Mart on 96th Avenue in Surrey, with the last shift being Feb. 7.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 7550 King George Blvd., in Surrey. The last day the employee worked was on Jan. 30.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 160th Street in Surrey. The last day the employee worked was on Jan. 25.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 2855 Gladwin Rd., Abbotsford. The last day the employee worked was on Jan. 27.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 14650 – 104 Ave., Surrey, with the last day worked on Feb 3.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 8195 - 120th Street, Delta: The last day the team members worked was on Jan. 26 and 27.
- Hakam’s Your Independent Grocery on Willoughby Centre Drive in Langley. Workers last shifts were Feb. 2 and 3.