COVID-19 cases at the Lower Mainland’s largest Asian grocery store chain continue to pile up, including in Burnaby.
The T&T Supermarket in Burnaby was hit with another COVID-19 case involving a staff member as part of a wave of new cases at Lower Mainland grocery stores.
The latest case was discovered at the T&T store at Metropolis at Metrotown in Burnaby. The last day the worker was at the store was March 5, according to the T & T COVID-19 case tracker.
This is just the latest in a string of positive cases at T&T stores, including another one at the Burnaby store in early February.
This the seventh T&T store to see a recent staff member test positive.
On March 9, T&T's case tracker indicated a part-time associate from its Surrey store, #101T, 15277-100th Ave., has tested positive for the virus. The last day the part-time associate worked was March 6.
Another case was detected at the Kingsway Store - 2206 Kingsway, Vancouver: The last day the associate worked was March 5. This follows another case revealed recently at the T&T store at Coquitlam Centre. There have also been recent cases at the Chinatown Store - 179 Keefer Place, Vancouver, the Marine Gateway Store, 458 SW Marine Dr, Vancouver, and the First Avenue in Vancouver.
T&T is owned by Loblaw Companies Ltd, the parent company of Real Canadian Superstore, No Frills, and other local chains. The company updated its COVID-19 employee case listings on March 9, indicating cases among staff at the following store locations in the Metro Vancouver region:
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 885 West Broadway Vancouver: The last day the team member worked was on March 4
- Real Canadian Superstore, 333 Seymour Blvd., North Vancouver: The last day the team member worked was on March 5
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 8525 River District Crossing, Vancouver: The last day the team member worked was on March 1
While McDonald's Canada reported March 8 that a restaurant employee at its location Robson and Bidwell in Vancouver had tested positive for the virus, Lowe's reported in early March two store associate cases for retail outfits in Metro Vancouver. Those Lowe's store cases are as follows:
- Lowe’s Vancouver Grandview - 2727 E 12th Avenue, Vancouver: Last workday of the infected associate was March 1
- Dick’s Lumber Surrey - 12433, 80th Avenue, Surrey: Last workday of the infected associate was Feb. 26
- With additional reporting by Lindsay William-Ross