The Burnaby Board of Trade's annual Business Excellence Awards gala took place Wednesday night at the Hilton Vancouver Metrotown.
The theme of the 12th annual awards gala, which honoured the nominees and winners, was the Roaring Twenties.
The winners are as follows:
- IBM Canada was awarded Business of the Year
- Silver Bullet Shredding was awarded Small Business of the Year
- Chris Dikeakos of Chris Dikeakos Architects was awarded Business Person of the Year
- Burnaby Family Life was awarded Not-for-Profit Organization of the Year
- Left Coast Naturals won in the environmental sustainability category
- General Fusion won in the entrepreneurial spirit category
- Ballard Power Systems won in the business innovation category
- G&F Financial Group won in the Burnaby community spirit category
The nominees were announced at the annual awards luncheon in early October.
Carter Automotive Family was inducted into the Burnaby Business Hall of Fame at the luncheon.
The awards are a joint initiative between the board and the City of Burnaby.