ICBC sent some data on crashes at intersections in B.C. and Burnaby is on the list three times for Metro Vancouver.
The data is from 2017 because ICBC says the 2018 isn’t complete yet. We will update when we have the most recent data.
In Metro Vancouver, the five-year average of crashes at intersections as of 2017 was 79,000, with 50,000 people injured and 38 fatalities. The most deaths in one year between 2013 and 2017 was 45 fatalities in 2013.
As for the Metro Vancouver top-10 list as of 2017, these are the intersections and how many crashes occurred:
- Knight St and Knight St Bridge and SE Marine Dr and SE Marine Drive Offramp and SE Marine Dr Onramp (255)
- Boundary Rd & Grandview Highway (243)
- 264 St and Trans-Canada Highway (217)
- 88 Ave & King George Blvd (213)
- Boundary and Kingsway (211)
- Broadway St & Mary Hill Bypass (206)
- 120 St and 72 Ave (200)
- 72 Ave and King George (195)
- 200 St area and Trans-Canada Hwy (195)
- Trans-Canada Highway & Willingdon Avenue (194)