Fraser Health has declared the COVID-19 outbreak at Burnaby’s George Derby Centre officially over.
George Derby Centre is a long-term care facility owned and operated by George Derby Care Society. Fraser Health also said outbreaks at Czorny Alzheimer Centre, and MSA Manor were also over.
“With the implementation of comprehensive strategies to prevent and respond to COVID-19 in care facilities, there are no longer any COVID-19 cases at these locations,” said a news release from Fraser Health.
With the support of a rapid response team at each site, Fraser Health implemented enhanced control measures, such as:
- Allowing only essential visitors
- Restricting staff and resident movement in the facility
- Enhancing cleaning and infection control measures
- Communicating with patients, residents, staff and families to address questions and advise on next steps
- Providing twice a day screening of all staff and residents for COVID-19 symptoms.