Three more Burnaby schools have been exposed to someone infected with COVID-19.
On Friday, parents at Rosser Elementary School were informed that a student or staff member who tested positive for the virus had been at the school on Oct. 5.
On Saturday, parents at both Burnaby South Secondary and Glenwood Elementary got emails telling them there had been a COVID-19 exposure at their schools on Sept. 28.
The first local school to find out it had been exposed was Alpha Secondary.
Parents there got a notice on Oct. 5 telling them someone with COVID-19 had been at the school on Sept. 29 and 30 and Oct. 1 and 2.
A local private Catholic school has also been hit.
Last Wednesday, parents at St. Helen’s School in North Burnaby were told there had been exposures at the school on Sept. 25, 28, 29 and 30 and Oct. 1.
In all cases, the Fraser Health Authority sent out early notification notices telling parents that public health officials had initiated contact tracing to identify any staff or students who needed to self-isolate or self-monitor for symptoms.
Letters from Burnaby public school principals have urged parents to continue daily health checks with their kids before sending them to school.
Fraser Health has told the school district that students should keep coming to school during contract tracing, according to the Burnaby school district letters.
Burnaby school board chair Gary Wong has told the NOW local parents should keep in mind that getting a COVID-19 exposure notification from Fraser Health “means the system is working.”
“They are on top of exposures,” he said.
School exposures are supposed to be listed at the Fraser Health school exposures webpage here, but, as of Tuesday morning, the exposures at Burnaby South and Glenwood had not been added to the list.