Canadian political junkies will be watching Maywood Community School (4567 Imperial St.) closely tonight (Feb. 11) – if they can make it through the snow.
The Burnaby Interagency Council will be hosting a debate between candidates in the Feb. 25 Burnaby South byelection from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
A poster advertising the event sets the debate theme: “How can we make Burnaby South a community for all residents, particularly those who are most vulnerable?”
These are the candidates for Burnaby South, according to Elections Canada:
- Terry Grimwood, independent
- Richard Lee, Liberal Part of Canada
- Jay Shin, Conservative Party of Canada
- Jagmeet Singh, New Democratic Party of Canada
- Laura-Lynn Thompson, People’s Party of Canada
- Valentine Wu, independent
Voters go to the polls on Feb. 25.
- With files from Kelvin Gawley