The City of Burnaby has issued an update on snow removal efforts.
“Snow has successfully been cleared from all Burnaby roads, and crews are now patrolling sections receiving light snowfall and patrolling for any remaining, untreated streets,” read a tweet Friday morning.
“In the event of another snowfall tonight, crews will resume to clearing priority routes.”
The city also offered some tips for residents:
Be Snow Smart
- Help prevent slippery surfaces by shoveling sidewalks adjacent to your property by 10 a.m. every day.
- Apply a thin layer of a de-icing agent (such as road salt) to your driveway and sidewalk on the night before an expected snowfall. This will make it easier to shovel in the morning.
- Whether you’re walking, driving or taking transit, plan ahead and give yourself extra time.
- Ensure nearby fire hydrants or catch basins in your neighbourhood are cleared when snow falls.
- Make sure you are pushing excess snow onto your property, rather than the street.
Curbside Garbage, Green Waste and Recycling Collection
- Collection in Zone 4 is now complete.
- Collection in Zone 3 is rescheduled for next Wednesday, January 22. All garbage, recycling and green waste will be collected in Zone 3A and 3B.
- Normal collection is scheduled to resume in all areas next week.