Two Burnaby liquor stores will be part of a rare event for whiskey lovers.
BC Liquor Stores is hosting its annual Premium Spirits Release this Saturday, Nov. 3, and the stores at Highgate on Kingsway and Northgate on North Road will be part of it.
Spirit enthusiasts can win the chance to purchase extremely rare whiskies at select stores in anticipation of the release.
The release is “widely recognized for showcasing an extremely diverse selection of spirits from around the globe,” including a single bottle of Bowmore 1966 Edition 50-year-old whisky, valued at $30,500. A total of 31 stores province-wide will be participating in the release, which and includes over 130 products, including whisky, scotch, bourbon and rum, alongside other rare products.
"Our Spirit Release offers a diverse range of wonderfully crafted products to suit any buyer," said Adele Shaw, BCLS category manager for spirits. "This year's collection is an opportunity to explore the ever-changing world of whisky and spirits, with products for both the budding enthusiast and the avid collector, and is the perfect shopping opportunity for the holiday season."
The following products are available at select locations by draw to purchase:
* Bowmore 1966 Edition 50 Year Old Whisky
* Those interested in winning the chance to purchase the single 1966 Bowmore - of which only 74 bottles are being made available globally - must enter at the BCLS at 39th and Cambie in Vancouver. The winner will be drawn at 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 2.
* Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon
* Buffalo Trace American Whiskey
* Glen Grant 50 Year Old
* Macallan M Black 2017 Release
* Michter's 20 Year Old Single Barrel Bourbon
The draw is underway and will close Nov. 11. Successful contestants will be notified by email on Dec. 10.