As we welcome a new month, Burnaby Heights businesses are slowly starting to reopen. It has been a tough couple of months for Burnaby businesses but they continue to stay positive.
With the city now transitioning to Phase 2, PPEs and Plexiglas shields are now being installed inside businesses. Merchants are learning as they go and have the best intentions for everyone’s safety. If you come across any problems and issues, please speak to the manager or business owner.
Let’s all follow Dr. Bonnie Henry’s advice to “be kind, be calm and be safe.”
Here are some of the steps your Heights merchants are taking:
- Nuvola Gelato e Dolci (4712 Hastings) implemented a one-person limit in their shop and installed a Plexiglas shield along their counter.
- Valley Bakery (4058 Hastings) limits four people at a time in the bakery and has marked the floors to encourage social distancing.
- Blue Bay Seafood Market (4020 Hastings) limits the amount of people in the store. Staff are also wearing masks and gloves for extra protection.
- Sungiven Foods (4106 Hastings) is limiting the number of people inside the store. Staff also constantly wipe down point-of-sale terminals for customers’ safety.
- Lift Hair Lounge (4525 Hastings) has transformed its salon to better serve you during this time. They installed have Plexiglas at each station, added a sanitizer station and implemented other policies to ensure everyone’s safety.
This is our time as a community to come together and help each other. Heights businesses truly want to keep you and their staff safe.
Thank you for your continued support. We have missed you. Swing on by.
Katrina Caguioa is the marketing and events coordinator for the Heights Merchants Association.