TransLink is cutting back service on some of its routes due to lower ridership stemming from social distancing.
Service reductions include SeaBus, bus, and SkyTrain services.
According to a TransLink statement:
- SeaBus will transition to sailings every 15-minutes during weekday rush hours, instead of every 10 minutes.
- Bus routes which have excess capacity, including those with empty buses, will have some frequencies reduced.
- Expo and Millennium Lines will see “slight” frequency reductions, with first and last train schedules remaining in place.
“Passenger levels will be carefully monitored in order to balance lower ridership with the need to maintain social distancing,” read the statement. “Customers should check Trip Planner or Transit Alerts before travelling, to ensure their route is not impacted by service reductions.”
TransLink has also closed the Customer Service Centre at Stadium-Chinatown Station and the West Coast Express Customer Service Centre at Waterfront Station.
Customers requiring assistance are still able to use any of the below contact details:
- For questions about Compass Cards, visit http://www.compasscard.ca, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 604-398-2042.
- For West Coast Express customers, email email@example.com or phone 604-488-8906.
- For HandyDART customers or Access Transit inquiries, phone 604-953-3680.
- For any other customer questions, phone TransLink Customer Information at 604-953-3333 or reach out via Live Chat.