Spring is upon me, which means it's time to clean ... which means that this stack of books that have been coming to my desk should be making its way out to readers!
I'm having a quick-and-easy contest to give away several different books. All you have to do to win one is be the first person to email me, firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet me @juliemaclellan - use the subject line "Free books" or hashtag #freebooks.
Here's what's up for grabs. Be sure to tell me which one(s) you would like:
1. Emily Carr Collected: A beautiful publication from Douglas & McIntyre showcasing more than 100 of Carr's most memorable works, with an introductory essay by Ian M. Thom.
2. Come Fly With Me - Michael Bublé's Rise to Stardom: This book by Bublé's former manager, Beverly Delich (with Shelley Fralic), gives behind-the-scenes insight into what took this Burnaby boy all the way to the top of the music industry.
3. A pair of "tween reader" books from Second Story Press, Finding Grace, by Becky Citra, and Camp Outlook, by Brenda Baker. Finding Grace is aimed at the eight- to 11-year-old set, while Camp Outlook targets the nine-to-13s.
4. Ink-blot, by Maria Eugenia: Another Second Story Press offering, this kids' book is a delightfully drawn little homage to self-acceptance in girls. It's aimed at ages five to eight.
5. Soldier Doll, by Jennifer Gold: This YA novel, aimed at 13- to 18-year-olds, follows the story of the owners of a soldier doll through more than a century of war, from the First World War to Vietnam to modern-day Afghanistan.
6. The Dream Thieves, by Maggie Stiefvater: This paranormal adventure is Book 2 of the Raven Cycle by the New York Times bestelling author of Shiver.
If you win, you'll just have to pop by our offices at 201A-3430 Brighton Ave., Burnaby, to pick them up during office hours (9 to 5, Monday to Friday).
So there you are ... send me a message quick, and one or more could be yours!