If you’re anything like us, you probably love peeking inside other people’s beautiful homes – and now’s your chance.
Sunday, June 10, is the 25th annual Parade of Homes, which allows the public inside 15 stunning new custom homes and transformative renovations across the Metro Vancouver region.
This free, self-guided tour is between 10am and 4pm, and those who register can enter as many of the 15 homes as they like – provided they can get round them all. And since they are spread from West Vancouver to Langley, that would be no small feat.
The parade is organized by the Greater Vancouver Home Builders’ Association, with all the homes’ building and renovation work on display carried out by member companies, and is sponsored by FortisBC. Representatives of the member companies will be on hand throughout the day to answer questions about home building and renovation.
The 15 homes on the tour comprise:
• West Vancouver: a renovation of an oceanview home;
• North Vancouver: three new custom homes (including one with a separate coach house) and one renovation/addition;
• Vancouver: two house renovations, a condo reno and a new custom laneway home;
• Coquitlam: a kitchen/great room renovation;
• Surrey: a whole-house renovation and a new custom home;
• Langley: a brand-new Spanish Tudor revival custom mansion; and
• Port Moody: an indoor-outdoor home renovation.
For more details, to register for your “passport” and get a map of the tour, go to www.gvhba.org/Parade. Registered participants will also get access to an additional 10 virtual home tours.
Below and in the main image above are some photo highlights of just five of the homes included on the tour.