The replacement for the Pattullo Bridge just got one step closer.
The B.C. government has selected three “pre-qualified bidding teams” that will compete for the right to design and construct the new toll-free Pattullo Bridge.
"The existing Pattullo Bridge is nearing the end of its useful life," said Claire Trevena, Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure, in a news release. "The selection of the three teams gets us closer to breaking ground on this project that will improve safety and reliability for residents, commercial vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians."
The three bidding teams are:
1) Fraser Community Connectors:
* Respondent: Kiewit Canada Development Corp.
* Design-build contractor: Kiewit Infrastructure BC ULC
* Long-span bridge design contractor: T.Y. Lin International and International Bridge Technologies, Inc.
2) Flatiron / Dragados / Carlson Pattullo JV:
* Respondent: Flatiron / Dragados / Carlson Pattullo JV (a joint venture of Flatiron Constructors Canada Limited, Dragados Canada Inc. and Carlson Construction Group, Inc.), ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc., Hochtieff PPP Solutions North America, LLC and COWI North America, Ltd.
* Design-build contractor: Flatiron / Dragados / Carlson Pattullo JV (a joint venture of Flatiron Constructors Canada Limited, Dragados Canada Inc. and Carlson Construction Group, Inc.)
* Long-span bridge design contractor: COWI North America, Ltd.
3) Fraser Crossing Partners
* Respondent: SNC-Lavalin Capital Inc. and Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc.
* Design-build contractor: SNC-Lavalin Constructors (Pacific) Inc. and Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc.
* Long-span bridge design contractor: SNC-Lavalin Inc., Leonhardt, Andrä und Partner Beratende Ingenieure VBI AG, Hatch Corporation, EXP Services Inc. and Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc.
The $1.377-billion Pattullo Bridge replacement project will be a four-lane crossing. The new bridge will feature dedicated pedestrian and cyclist lanes separated from traffic by a barrier on both sides of the bridge. It is expected to open in 2023.