As Burnaby prepares to build the new Burnaby Lake Aquatic and Area Facility (complete with an NHL-sized arena), the city wants your help to create art for a temporary mural.
The city is hosting several community art sessions at recreation centres across the city.
You can create patterns with colourful magnets “that express your connection to the local landscape of Burnaby Lake.”
Local artist Mary-Ann Liu will assemble the community-created patterns into a temporary mural depicting B.C. wildflowers which will decorate the project’s construction fence.
For more information, see the city’s website.
Community art sessions in Burnaby
- Friday, Nov. 4, 4-7 p.m. at Bonsor Recreation Complex (6550 Bonsor Ave.)
- Monday, Nov. 7, 5-8 p.m. at Kensington Complex (6159 Curtis St.)
- Wednesday, Nov. 9, 4:30-7:30 p.m. at Christine Sinclair Community Centre (3713 Kensington Ave.)
- Tuesday, Nov. 15, 4:30-7:30 p.m. at Eileen Dailly Leisure Pool and Fitness Centre (240 Willingdon Ave.)
- Saturday, Nov. 26, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. at Burnaby Lake Sports Complex West (3677 Kensington Ave.)