A small Burnaby business that made a stir at Christmas with its unique gingerbread house kits is back again for Valentine’s Day.
Ginger & Bread, a Burnaby-based bakery, is offering up some sweet treats that build on the idea of the gingerbread house — but specially designed for the time of year when love is in the air.
Among the options:
- Baby Bear Decorating Kit: You get a sweet (chocolate or candy) baby bear standing 4.5 inches tall, plus a bag of royal icing and fancy sprinkles for decorating.
- Sugar Shack: Yes, it’s a little house to be decorated, complete with romantic details like flower-shaped windows, with a little person, too. It comes in classic sugar cookie, gluten-free or vegan options.
- Cookie decorating kit: You can get a small box of heart-shaped cookies, plus royal icing and candies for decorating with your sweetheart. Or you can upgrade to a big box of 20 cookies with fun shapes including bows, hearts, arrows and more. Again, it comes in classic sugar cookie, gluten-free or vegan options.
- Fancy decorated cookies: Don’t want to decorate your own? You can buy beautifully iced cookies all ready for gifting ($6.25 for a packet including one large three-inch cookie and one small 1.5-inch cookie).
- Treat boxes: You can buy a treat box that includes a chocolate bear and a variety of other edible accoutrements, including cake pops, heart-shaped chocolate, Lindt chocolates, chocolate-dipped pretzels and more.
You can find a list of all the treats at the Ginger & Bread website.
Ginger & Bread, founded in 2020 by owner Angela Nicholson, creates its treats out of a commissary kitchen in Burnaby.
Want to know more? Visit her Instagram page.
Follow Julie MacLellan on Twitter @juliemaclellan.
Email Julie, firstname.lastname@example.org