A grocery store at Metropolis at Metrotown has revealed a fourth COVID-19 case involving a staff member.
Loblaw Companies Ltd. says three employees at its Metrotown Real Canadian Superstore at Metropolis have tested positive and last worked on May 9 and 10 and 12. This follows another worker at the same Superstore testing positive and being reported on May 6.
This follows another coronavirus case at a Loblaw business, the Wholesale Club located at 5335 Kingsway in Metrotown, with the worker’s last shift on May 8.
Sobeys reported new staff cases at Safeway stores, including the Safeway on Hastings Street in Burnaby in the Kensington shopping centre, plus on Kingsway in Vancouver, West 4 Avenue in Vancouver and Fraser Highway in Langley.
Loblaw Companies Ltd, the parent company of Real Canadian Superstore, No Frills, Shoppers Drug Mart, Wholesale Club and Your Independent Grocer, updated its COVID-19 employee case tracker to indicate the following new store worker cases across the Lower Mainland:
- Shoppers Drug Mart at 7322 King George in Surrey with the last shift on May 11
- Superstore on 120 Street in Delta
- Real Canadian Superstore in Mission.
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 2030 West Broadway, Vancouver
- Real Canadian Superstore, 350 S.E. Marine Dr, Vancouver: The last day the team member worked was on May 5 and 6.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 14650 - 104th Avenue, Surrey: The last days worked by the three infected team members were April 23, 28 and May 5.
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 20159, 88th Avenue, Langley: The last day the team member worked was on April 30.
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 370 East Broadway, Vancouver: The last day both of the two infected team members worked was on May 1.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 2332 160th St., Surrey: The last day the team member worked was on May 2.
- Coquitlam Your Independent Grocer, 455 North Rd, Coquitlam: The last day the team member worked was on May 6.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 3000 Lougheed Hwy, Coquitlam: The last day the team member worked was on May 1.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 45779 Luckakuck Way, Chilliwack: The last day any of the three infected team members worked was on April 26, 27 and May 5.
- Dean's No Frills Vancouver, 4508 Fraser Street, Vancouver: The last day the team member worked was on May 4.
While T&T Supermarket is owned by Loblaw, the Canadian Asian grocery chain lists its COVID-19 cases separately on its own site and has had no employee at work in the last two weeks who has since tested positive for the virus.
Last week, both Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Health announced they were prioritizing frontline workers, including adult grocery store staff, for COVID-19 vaccination.
- with files from Lindsay William-Ross, Vancouver Is Awesome