A recent COVID-19 outbreak at AgeCare Harmony Court in Burnaby tragically saw seven lives lost.
In a statement to the NOW on Jan. 20, 2022, Fraser Health said there had been 56 confirmed cases during the outbreak involving 33 residents and 23 staff.
It also confirmed seven lives were lost in the outbreak, which was declared on Dec. 26, 2021. It has now been declared over.
"The health and safety of our long-term care residents, their families and our staff is our first priority and is a responsibility that we take very seriously," the authority said in an emailed statement.
"Our condolences go out to those who’ve lost loved ones throughout the pandemic."
The outbreak was officially declared over on Jan. 18, 2022.
Fraser Health declared an outbreak at Burnaby's Chartwell Carlton Gardens over on Wednesday (Jan. 19).
"With the implementation of comprehensive strategies to prevent and respond to COVID-19 in care facilities, there are no longer any COVID-19 cases at these locations," the statement said.
The outbreak was declared on Dec. 31, 2021, after five cases were discovered involving one resident and four staff members. No deaths were reported.
Ongoing outbreaks remain in Burnaby at St. Michael's Centre (15 cases involving nine residents and six staff), New Vista Care Centre (39 cases involving 18 residents and 21 staff), George Derby Centre (32 cases involving 19 residents and 13 staff) and Burnaby Hospital.