How do you want to interact with the City of Burnaby? How can Burnaby improve its customer service?
You can tell the city what you think, as the city is seeking public input on a new customer service centre through an online survey, as well as two in-person open houses.
The customer service centre is intending to "simplify, centralize and improve" access to the city's information and services, including:
- submitting service requests, inquiries or feedback
- reporting missed garbage pickup
- reserving parks or recreation space
- applying for a business licence or pet licence
- reporting a pothole, damaged streetlight or other maintenance concern
- paying property taxes
- others based on community input
A pilot project will launch "towards the end of this year," according to a news release, with the project beginning in spring 2023.
The online survey will be available to take until Sunday, Nov. 27.
Two open houses will be hosted in north and south Burnaby next week.
Metrotown Open House
When: Thursday, Nov. 17 from 4 to 7 p.m.
Where: Metropolis at Metrotown (4700 Kingsway, at the City of Burnaby booth near the food court)
North Burnaby Open House
When: Saturday, Nov. 19 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: Cameron Recreation Complex (9523 Cameron St., in the upper lobby next to the library entrance)